There are many classic Christmas stories that are perfect for bedtime reading. Here are a few options:
- “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens: This classic tale tells the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, a miserly old man who is visited by the ghost of his former business partner on Christmas Eve. The ghost shows Scrooge the error of his ways and helps him learn the true meaning of Christmas.
- “The Night Before Christmas” by Clement Clarke Moore: This beloved poem tells the story of a magical Christmas Eve when Santa Claus comes to visit a family’s home and fills their stockings with gifts.
- “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” by Dr. Seuss: In this classic tale, the Grinch tries to ruin Christmas for the citizens of Whoville, but ultimately learns the true meaning of the holiday and becomes a changed man.
- “The Polar Express” by Chris Van Allsburg: This story follows a young boy who takes a magical train ride to the North Pole on Christmas Eve, where he meets Santa Claus and receives a special gift.
- “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” by Dr. Seuss: This is a longer version of the classic story, in which the Grinch tries to ruin Christmas for the Whos, but ultimately learns the true meaning of the holiday and becomes a changed man.
These stories are all suitable for children and can help to get them into the Christmas spirit.