Schools in Gujarat will reopen from Monday, February 7, 2023, for students from Class 1 to Class 9. The decision was taken by the state government after reviewing the COVID-19 situation in the state.
Government, private, and grant-in-aid schools will be allowed to resume offline classes. However, online classes will also continue to be available for students who prefer to stay home.
The state government has issued a set of COVID-19 safety protocols that schools must follow. These include:
- Wearing masks is mandatory for all students, teachers, and staff members.
- Social distancing must be maintained in classrooms and other common areas.
- Schools must be regularly sanitized and disinfected.
- Students with COVID-19 symptoms must be isolated and sent home immediately.
Parents have the option to choose whether or not to send their children to school physically. If a parent chooses to keep their child home, the child will be able to attend online classes.
The Gujarat government has also announced that pre-schools and anganwadis will reopen from February 17, 2023.
The reopening of schools is a welcome relief for parents and students alike. After nearly two years of online classes, students are eager to return to their classrooms and interact with their peers and teachers in person.
Here are some additional details about the reopening of schools in Gujarat:
- Schools will be open from Monday to Friday.
- Classes will be held from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM for Classes 1 to 5, and from 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM for Classes 6 to 9.
- Mid-day meals will be served to all students.
- Extracurricular activities will be allowed, but schools must ensure that COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
Parents are advised to contact their child’s school for more information about the reopening and the COVID-19 safety protocols that are in place.