Postprandial Somnolence Meaning in English : Postprandial Somnolence Meaning with Examples, Postprandial Somnolence Pronunciations, Definition, Sentences, Postprandial Somnolence Synonyms, Postprandial Somnolence Antonyms, Postprandial Somnolence Word History & Origin, Facts About Postprandial Somnolence, Meaning of Postprandial Somnolence, What is Postprandial Somnolence ?
Postprandial Somnolence Meaning | Meaning of Postprandial Somnolence in English
Postprandial somnolence is a term used to describe the feeling of sleepiness or drowsiness that often occurs after eating a meal. It is a common and natural phenomenon that is caused by the release of certain hormones in the body, such as insulin and serotonin, which can make a person feel tired and relaxed.
Examples of Postprandial Somnolence
- After Thanksgiving dinner, many people feel postprandial somnolence and need to take a nap.
- I always feel postprandial somnolence after eating a big lunch, so I try to take a short break to rest.
- My grandmother says that postprandial somnolence is a sign of a good meal.
Pronunciation of Postprandial Somnolence
- The postprandial somnolence that followed the big Thanksgiving feast was overwhelming, and many people ended up taking naps.
- Despite the postprandial somnolence, I was still able to focus on my work after lunch.
Postprandial Somnolence Synonyms
Postprandial Somnolence Antonyms
Postprandial Somnolence Word History & Origin
The term “postprandial” comes from the Latin “post” (meaning “after”) and “prandium” (meaning “meal”), while “somnolence” comes from the Latin “somnus” (meaning “sleep”). The term “postprandial somnolence” has been in use since the early 20th century.
Facts About Postprandial Somnolence
- Postprandial somnolence is more common after meals that are high in carbohydrates and fat.
- It is not uncommon for people to feel a burst of energy after a meal, followed by a period of postprandial somnolence.
- Some people may be more prone to postprandial somnolence than others.
What is Postprandial Somnolence : Definition & Meaning of Postprandial Somnolence
Postprandial somnolence is the feeling of sleepiness or drowsiness that often occurs after eating a meal. It is caused by the release of certain hormones in the body and is a common and natural phenomenon.