Seizure Meaning in English : Seizure Meaning with Examples, Seizure Pronunciations, Definition, Sentences, Seizure Synonyms, Seizure Antonyms, Seizure Word History & Origin, Facts About Seizure, Meaning of Seizure, What is Seizure ?
Seizure Meaning | Meaning of Seizure in English
A seizure is a sudden and temporary alteration in brain function that is characterized by abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Seizures can cause a variety of symptoms, depending on the type of seizure and the part of the brain that is affected.
Examples & Sentences of Seizure
- My uncle has epilepsy and often has seizures that cause him to fall to the ground and shake uncontrollably.
- The patient had a seizure while driving and crashed into a tree.
- The toddler had a seizure after ingesting a poisonous substance.
Pronunciation of Seizure
Seizure Word History & Origin
The word “seizure” comes from the Latin word “seizura,” which means “taking possession.” It has been in use since the late 14th century.
Facts About Seizure
- Seizures can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetic predisposition, head injury, infection, and brain abnormalities.
- Seizures can be classified into different types, including partial seizures (affecting only a specific part of the brain) and generalized seizures (affecting the entire brain).
- Seizures can be treated with medications and sometimes surgery.
What is Seizure : Definition & Meaning of Seizure
A seizure is a sudden and temporary alteration in brain function that is characterized by abnormal electrical activity in the brain and can cause a variety of symptoms.