As of 2022, the top 10 richest companies in India based on their market capitalization are:
- Reliance Industries – Reliance Industries is a conglomerate based in Mumbai that operates in a variety of sectors including energy, petrochemicals, textiles, natural resources, retail, and telecommunications.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) – TCS is a multinational information technology (IT) services and consulting company based in Mumbai. It is the largest IT services company in India and one of the largest in the world.
- HDFC Bank – HDFC Bank is one of the largest private sector banks in India. It offers a range of banking and financial services including deposits, loans, credit cards, and investment products.
- Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) – HDFC is a leading housing finance company in India. It provides a range of home loan and mortgage products to individuals, small businesses, and corporations.
- Infosys – Infosys is a global IT services company based in Bangalore. It provides consulting, technology, and outsourcing services to clients in a variety of industries.
- ICICI Bank – ICICI Bank is a leading private sector bank in India. It offers a range of banking and financial services including deposits, loans, credit cards, and investment products.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank – Kotak Mahindra Bank is a private sector bank in India that offers a range of banking and financial services including deposits, loans, credit cards, and investment products.
- ITC Limited – ITC Limited is a conglomerate based in Kolkata that operates in a variety of sectors including fast-moving consumer goods, hotels, paper, and agribusiness.
- Bharti Airtel – Bharti Airtel is a leading telecommunications company in India that provides mobile and fixed-line phone services, broadband, and digital TV.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) – L&T is an engineering, construction, and technology company based in Mumbai. It operates in a variety of sectors including infrastructure, power, hydrocarbon, and defense.
Note: This list is based on market capitalization, which is a measure of the value of a company’s outstanding shares of stock. The rankings of the top companies may vary depending on the criteria used and the source of the information.