Who Elects The Panchayat Head?
- Who Acts in the Absence of Sarpanch
- Who is Called the Sarpanch
- Who Forms The Gram Panchayat
- What are the Powers and Responsibilities of Village Panchayat
- Who is the Head of the Panchayat Samiti
- Panchayat Samiti: What is Panchayat Samiti, Member & Responsibilities
- Sarpanch Work List
- Sarpanch is also known as..
- Sarpanch (Gram Pradhan, or Mukhiya) – Eligibility, Tenure, Roles and Responsibilities
- Who is the Head of Gram Panchayat
- 10 Lines on Gram Panchayat in English
Description:- Who Elects The Gram Panchayat Head?
The process of electing the Panchayat Head, also known as the Sarpanch, varies by state in India, as local self-governance is a state subject. In general, the Panchayat Head is elected by the members of the Panchayat, which is a local government body at the village or block level.
The election process usually involves members of the Panchayat voting for the Sarpanch through a secret ballot. The number of votes required to win the election varies by state and depends on the size of the Panchayat. Some states also have provisions for reserved seats for women and marginalized communities, which can impact the election process.
In some states, the Panchayat Head is directly elected by the people through a direct election. For example, in Kerala, the Grama Panchayat President is elected through direct election, where all voters in the Panchayat area are eligible to vote.