Burundi Country Code 2 Letter: In the realm of global communication and identification, every country has its unique code, and Burundi is no exception. Burundi’s two-letter country code, BI, is more than just an abbreviation; it’s a key to unlocking a wealth of information about this diverse and culturally rich nation. In this article, we will delve into Burundi’s country code 2 letter and explore some essential details about this African nation.
Burundi Country Code 2 Letter
The two-letter country code for Burundi is
BI. The three-letter code is
The country-code TLD (Top Level Domain) of Burundi is .bi. For example,
ISO country codes are internationally recognized codes that designate every country and most of the dependent areas. The main set of two-letter country codes that is currently used is ISO 3166-1 alpha-2.
Burundi – A Quick Overview
- Country Name: Burundi
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-2: BI
- ISO-3: BDI
- Top-Level Domain: .bi
- FIPS: BY
- ISO Numeric: 108
- Continent: Africa
- Capital: Bujumbura
- Time Zone in Capital: Africa/Maputo
- Currency: Franc
- Area: 27830 square kilometers
Exploring Burundi’s Country Code: BI
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 (BI): Burundi’s 2-letter country code, BI, is part of the ISO 3166 standard, which is maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). This code is widely used in international contexts, such as internet domain registrations and vehicle registration codes.
- ISO-3 (BDI): The ISO-3 code, BDI, provides an additional layer of identification for Burundi. This three-letter code is used in various administrative and international systems to distinguish Burundi from other countries.
- Top-Level Domain (.bi): Burundi’s internet presence is denoted by the top-level domain .bi. It is the online address for websites and digital content originating from Burundi. If you encounter a web address ending with .bi, you know you’re visiting a website associated with this country.
- FIPS Code (BY): The Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) code for Burundi is BY. This code is commonly used in government and military systems for data processing and identification.
- ISO Numeric (108): Burundi’s ISO numeric code, 108, is another way to represent the country. It’s used in various databases and systems for data storage and referencing.
More about Burundi
Burundi, located in Africa, boasts a vast landmass covering 27830 square kilometers. The country’s capital is Bujumbura, which is not only its political and economic center but also a significant cultural and historical hub in the region.
In terms of time zones, Burundi follows the Africa/Maputo time zone. This time zone is essential for scheduling and communication with the country.
The official currency of Burundi is the Franc. Understanding the currency is crucial for travelers and businesses engaged in international trade with the country.
FAQs related to “Burundi 2 Letter Country Code”
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to Burundi’s two-letter country code, “BI”:
- What is Burundi’s two-letter country code?
- Burundi’s two-letter country code is “BI.”
- Why are country codes like “BI” used?
- Two-letter country codes like “BI” are used for a variety of purposes, including internet domain extensions, vehicle registration, and international standardization. They serve as unique identifiers for each country.
- What does “BI” stand for in the context of Burundi?
- In the ISO 3166-1 standard, “BI” is the assigned code for Burundi. It doesn’t stand for any specific word; rather, it’s an internationally recognized code for the country.
- How is Burundis two-letter country code different from its three-letter code (ISO-3: BDI)?
- The two-letter country code “BI” is a shorter abbreviation for Burundi, primarily used in contexts like internet domain names and vehicle registration. The three-letter code “BDI” provides a more detailed identifier for the country in international systems.
- Can I use the “.bi” top-level domain for my website if I’m not located in Burundi?
- While the “.bi” domain is primarily associated with Burundi, it is open for registration to entities outside of Burundi. However, certain restrictions or requirements may apply, so it’s best to check with domain registrars for specific rules.
- Is “BI” the same as Burundi’s calling code or country dialing code?
- No, the two-letter country code “BI” is different from Burundi’s international calling code, which is +257.
- What is the significance of Burundi’s country code for travelers and businesses?
- Burundi’s two-letter country code is essential for travelers and businesses engaged in international trade and communication. It helps in identifying and distinguishing Burundi in various contexts, from domain names to data processing.
- How does Burundi’s time zone relate to its country code?
- Burundi’s time zone is represented as “Africa/Maputo.” While it’s not directly related to the country code “BI,” knowing the time zone is crucial for scheduling and communication with Burundi.
- What are some unique features of Burundi, apart from its country code “BI”?
- Burundi boasts a rich history, diverse culture, and a strategic location in Africa. Its capital, Bujumbura, is a significant historical and cultural center, and it has a unique currency called the Franc.
- Can Burundi’s country code change?
- Country codes like “BI” are part of international standards and are unlikely to change. Changes, if they were to occur, would require a formal process and international agreement.
Conclusion for Burundi Country Code 2 Letter
Burundi’s 2-letter country code, BI, is just one facet of its unique identity on the international stage. With its rich history, diverse culture, and significant geopolitical importance, Burundi is a nation that continues to capture the world’s attention.
Whether you’re an online enthusiast exploring websites with the .bi domain or a business professional engaging in international transactions, having knowledge of Burundi’s country code and its key details is essential for effective communication and engagement with this remarkable nation.