Israel Country Code 2 Letter: In the realm of global communication and identification, every country has its unique code, and Israel is no exception. Israel’s two-letter country code, IL, is more than just an abbreviation; it’s a key to unlocking a wealth of information about this diverse and culturally rich nation. In this article, we will delve into Israel’s country code 2 letter and explore some essential details about this Asian nation.
Israel Country Code 2 Letter
The two-letter country code for Israel is
IL. The three-letter code is
The country-code TLD (Top Level Domain) of Israel is .il. For example,
ISO country codes are internationally recognized codes that designate every country and most of the dependent areas. The main set of two-letter country codes that is currently used is ISO 3166-1 alpha-2.
Israel – A Quick Overview
- Country Name: Israel
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-2: IL
- ISO-3: ISR
- Top-Level Domain: .il
- FIPS: IS
- ISO Numeric: 376
- Continent: Asia
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Time Zone in Capital: Asia/Jerusalem
- Currency: Shekel
- Area: 20770 square kilometers
Exploring Israel’s Country Code: IL
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 (IL): Israel’s 2-letter country code, IL, is part of the ISO 3166 standard, which is maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). This code is widely used in international contexts, such as internet domain registrations and vehicle registration codes.
- ISO-3 (ISR): The ISO-3 code, ISR, provides an additional layer of identification for Israel. This three-letter code is used in various administrative and international systems to distinguish Israel from other countries.
- Top-Level Domain (.il): Israel’s internet presence is denoted by the top-level domain .il. It is the online address for websites and digital content originating from Israel. If you encounter a web address ending with .il, you know you’re visiting a website associated with this country.
- FIPS Code (IS): The Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) code for Israel is IS. This code is commonly used in government and military systems for data processing and identification.
- ISO Numeric (376): Israel’s ISO numeric code, 376, is another way to represent the country. It’s used in various databases and systems for data storage and referencing.
More about Israel
Israel, located in Asia, boasts a vast landmass covering 20770 square kilometers. The country’s capital is Jerusalem, which is not only its political and economic center but also a significant cultural and historical hub in the region.
In terms of time zones, Israel follows the Asia/Jerusalem time zone. This time zone is essential for scheduling and communication with the country.
The official currency of Israel is the Shekel. Understanding the currency is crucial for travelers and businesses engaged in international trade with the country.
FAQs related to “Israel 2 Letter Country Code”
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to Israel’s two-letter country code, “IL”:
- What is Israel’s two-letter country code?
- Israel’s two-letter country code is “IL.”
- Why are country codes like “IL” used?
- Two-letter country codes like “IL” are used for a variety of purposes, including internet domain extensions, vehicle registration, and international standardization. They serve as unique identifiers for each country.
- What does “IL” stand for in the context of Israel?
- In the ISO 3166-1 standard, “IL” is the assigned code for Israel. It doesn’t stand for any specific word; rather, it’s an internationally recognized code for the country.
- How is Israels two-letter country code different from its three-letter code (ISO-3: ISR)?
- The two-letter country code “IL” is a shorter abbreviation for Israel, primarily used in contexts like internet domain names and vehicle registration. The three-letter code “ISR” provides a more detailed identifier for the country in international systems.
- Can I use the “.il” top-level domain for my website if I’m not located in Israel?
- While the “.il” domain is primarily associated with Israel, it is open for registration to entities outside of Israel. However, certain restrictions or requirements may apply, so it’s best to check with domain registrars for specific rules.
- Is “IL” the same as Israel’s calling code or country dialing code?
- No, the two-letter country code “IL” is different from Israel’s international calling code, which is +972.
- What is the significance of Israel’s country code for travelers and businesses?
- Israel’s two-letter country code is essential for travelers and businesses engaged in international trade and communication. It helps in identifying and distinguishing Israel in various contexts, from domain names to data processing.
- How does Israel’s time zone relate to its country code?
- Israel’s time zone is represented as “Asia/Jerusalem.” While it’s not directly related to the country code “IL,” knowing the time zone is crucial for scheduling and communication with Israel.
- What are some unique features of Israel, apart from its country code “IL”?
- Israel boasts a rich history, diverse culture, and a strategic location in Asia. Its capital, Jerusalem, is a significant historical and cultural center, and it has a unique currency called the Shekel.
- Can Israel’s country code change?
- Country codes like “IL” are part of international standards and are unlikely to change. Changes, if they were to occur, would require a formal process and international agreement.
Conclusion for Israel Country Code 2 Letter
Israel’s 2-letter country code, IL, is just one facet of its unique identity on the international stage. With its rich history, diverse culture, and significant geopolitical importance, Israel is a nation that continues to capture the world’s attention.
Whether you’re an online enthusiast exploring websites with the .il domain or a business professional engaging in international transactions, having knowledge of Israel’s country code and its key details is essential for effective communication and engagement with this remarkable nation.