Ivory Coast Country Code 2 Letter: In the realm of global communication and identification, every country has its unique code, and Ivory Coast is no exception. Ivory Coast’s two-letter country code, CI, is more than just an abbreviation; it’s a key to unlocking a wealth of information about this diverse and culturally rich nation. In this article, we will delve into Ivory Coast’s country code 2 letter and explore some essential details about this African nation.
Ivory Coast Country Code 2 Letter
The two-letter country code for Ivory Coast is
CI. The three-letter code is
The country-code TLD (Top Level Domain) of Ivory Coast is .ci. For example,
ISO country codes are internationally recognized codes that designate every country and most of the dependent areas. The main set of two-letter country codes that is currently used is ISO 3166-1 alpha-2.
Ivory Coast – A Quick Overview
- Country Name: Ivory Coast
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-2: CI
- ISO-3: CIV
- Top-Level Domain: .ci
- FIPS: IV
- ISO Numeric: 384
- Continent: Africa
- Capital: Yamoussoukro
- Time Zone in Capital: Africa/Abidjan
- Currency: Franc
- Area: 322460 square kilometers
Exploring Ivory Coast’s Country Code: CI
- ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 (CI): Ivory Coast’s 2-letter country code, CI, is part of the ISO 3166 standard, which is maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). This code is widely used in international contexts, such as internet domain registrations and vehicle registration codes.
- ISO-3 (CIV): The ISO-3 code, CIV, provides an additional layer of identification for Ivory Coast. This three-letter code is used in various administrative and international systems to distinguish Ivory Coast from other countries.
- Top-Level Domain (.ci): Ivory Coast’s internet presence is denoted by the top-level domain .ci. It is the online address for websites and digital content originating from Ivory Coast. If you encounter a web address ending with .ci, you know you’re visiting a website associated with this country.
- FIPS Code (IV): The Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) code for Ivory Coast is IV. This code is commonly used in government and military systems for data processing and identification.
- ISO Numeric (384): Ivory Coast’s ISO numeric code, 384, is another way to represent the country. It’s used in various databases and systems for data storage and referencing.
More about Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast, located in Africa, boasts a vast landmass covering 322460 square kilometers. The country’s capital is Yamoussoukro, which is not only its political and economic center but also a significant cultural and historical hub in the region.
In terms of time zones, Ivory Coast follows the Africa/Abidjan time zone. This time zone is essential for scheduling and communication with the country.
The official currency of Ivory Coast is the Franc. Understanding the currency is crucial for travelers and businesses engaged in international trade with the country.
FAQs related to “Ivory Coast 2 Letter Country Code”
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to Ivory Coast’s two-letter country code, “CI”:
- What is Ivory Coast’s two-letter country code?
- Ivory Coast’s two-letter country code is “CI.”
- Why are country codes like “CI” used?
- Two-letter country codes like “CI” are used for a variety of purposes, including internet domain extensions, vehicle registration, and international standardization. They serve as unique identifiers for each country.
- What does “CI” stand for in the context of Ivory Coast?
- In the ISO 3166-1 standard, “CI” is the assigned code for Ivory Coast. It doesn’t stand for any specific word; rather, it’s an internationally recognized code for the country.
- How is Ivory Coasts two-letter country code different from its three-letter code (ISO-3: CIV)?
- The two-letter country code “CI” is a shorter abbreviation for Ivory Coast, primarily used in contexts like internet domain names and vehicle registration. The three-letter code “CIV” provides a more detailed identifier for the country in international systems.
- Can I use the “.ci” top-level domain for my website if I’m not located in Ivory Coast?
- While the “.ci” domain is primarily associated with Ivory Coast, it is open for registration to entities outside of Ivory Coast. However, certain restrictions or requirements may apply, so it’s best to check with domain registrars for specific rules.
- Is “CI” the same as Ivory Coast’s calling code or country dialing code?
- No, the two-letter country code “CI” is different from Ivory Coast’s international calling code, which is +225.
- What is the significance of Ivory Coast’s country code for travelers and businesses?
- Ivory Coast’s two-letter country code is essential for travelers and businesses engaged in international trade and communication. It helps in identifying and distinguishing Ivory Coast in various contexts, from domain names to data processing.
- How does Ivory Coast’s time zone relate to its country code?
- Ivory Coast’s time zone is represented as “Africa/Abidjan.” While it’s not directly related to the country code “CI,” knowing the time zone is crucial for scheduling and communication with Ivory Coast.
- What are some unique features of Ivory Coast, apart from its country code “CI”?
- Ivory Coast boasts a rich history, diverse culture, and a strategic location in Africa. Its capital, Yamoussoukro, is a significant historical and cultural center, and it has a unique currency called the Franc.
- Can Ivory Coast’s country code change?
- Country codes like “CI” are part of international standards and are unlikely to change. Changes, if they were to occur, would require a formal process and international agreement.
Conclusion for Ivory Coast Country Code 2 Letter
Ivory Coast’s 2-letter country code, CI, is just one facet of its unique identity on the international stage. With its rich history, diverse culture, and significant geopolitical importance, Ivory Coast is a nation that continues to capture the world’s attention.
Whether you’re an online enthusiast exploring websites with the .ci domain or a business professional engaging in international transactions, having knowledge of Ivory Coast’s country code and its key details is essential for effective communication and engagement with this remarkable nation.